Thursday, December 18, 2014

Joy

"When they saw the star they were overjoyed.  On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary and they bowed down and worshiped him."

"Immanuel God with us."  Matthew 1:23

Isn't life sometimes a battle for joy?  The reality is life can be hard and joy is not our natural reaction to the stress of life.

John Piper says "By nature, we get more pleasure from God's gifts than from himself."

It's tempting to try to find our joy within the celebrations and traditions of Christmas rather than in God himself.  But let's not wait to get our to-do lists done or to receive the perfect gift.

Let's crank up your Christmas music!  God is with us!!


I have been struggling to find joy this year around this season.  I have almost had to force myself to put on some Christmas music just so that I could start things off in the season.  While doing that God has shown me joys that I have almost missed because of dwelling on the stress of life.  So thankful that God is with me.  I hope no matter what is going on in your life that you will ask God to show you the joys in your life to keep you looking to him now and always.






No comments:

Post a Comment