Wednesday, April 15, 2015

If Grace Has a Lap

Many Christians seem to understand the concept of being saved by grace, but they have missed the concept of being sustained by grace.  James D. Mallory, Jr.

Almighty God,
great and majestic,
I know that You encircle the needs 
of your children
with the broad embrace of
eternal solution.
But Abba Father,
do not leave me
struggling and unstroked
upon this earth!
If grace has a lap,
find and hold me there till
all my cries and longing
snuggle at last into the
Arms of Peace.

All my longings lie open before you, O Lord: my sighing is not hidden from you... As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  When can I go and meet with God?  Psalm 38:9; 42:1-2

He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart, he gently leads those that have young Isaiah 40:11

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  2 Cor 12:9


No comments:

Post a Comment