Monday, April 6, 2015

My Skyward Look

My soul is like an eagle.  This is not its home.  It must never lose its skyward look.  I must keep faith, I must keep hope, I must keep courage, I must keep Christ.  It would be better to crawl immediately from the battlefield than to not be brave.  There is no time for my soul to retreat.  Keep your skyward look, my soul; keep your skyward look! (Streams in the desert by L.B. Cowman)

Keep looking up
the waves that roar around your feet,
Jehovah-Jireh will defeat
When looking up.

Keep looking up
Though darkness seems to wrap your soul;
The Light of Light will fill your soul
When looking up.

Keep looking up
When worn, distracted with the fight;
Your Captain gives you conquering might 
When you look up.

We can never see the sunrise by looking toward the west. Japanese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment