Sunday, July 28, 2013

Challenges of Depression

Marti Freyer

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?  Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.  (Psalm 42:5-6a ESV)

We all walk around with smiles on our faces and we say hello and greet others with hugs but there are some that on the inside, happy faces and hugs are not going on.  Depression is not an easy thing to think about or go through.  But Marti helped by expressing to us how we need to keep our eyes heavenward.

Marti explained depression from a scientific point of view to her point of you, to the spiritual aspects of it.

It's important to talk to yourself...not listen to self. (tell yourself the TRUTH)

Thing don't have to stay this way.
God is good.
God is sovereign
Life is hard

You are not alone in anything you face.  There is help out there and there are things we can do to help.  

Wesa Miller's Depression Game Plan:
Tell myself scriptures
Read scripture
walk daily
cut out sugar
go to bed at the same time even if I lay in bed and pray until I fall asleep
get up whether or not I feel like it

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!  Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
 (Psalm 34:8 ESV)

See God's faithfulness in your life and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment