Friday, July 26, 2013

Scripture

God's word reveals God's will and character to us, bringing salvation, healing, deliverance, hope, peace, wisdom, guidance, and restoration to those who read its pages.

God's word provides us with the spiritual nutrients necessary for daily living.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  Psalm 119:105

I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.  Psalm 119:11

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12

How much of a calm and gentle spirit you achieve, then will depend on how regularly and consistently, persistently and obediently you partake of the Word of God, your spiritual food.  Shirley Rice

1 comment: