Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Questions to Ponder Before God?

Next time in your quite time look these questions over and try to use them to help you better understand and guide your prayer time for a need in a "messy" relationship of yours.

These is a sample of what we learned at the retreat.  

1) Lord Jesus, which "messy" relationship in my life do You want me to focus on during this time?

2) Lord Jesus, why did this relationship get so "messy"?

3) Lord Jesus, what has been MY part in making this relationship "messy"?  God reveal to me any hidden faults of mine that I am not aware of right now
"Who can discern his errors?  Forgive my hidden faults.  Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me..."  Psalm 19:12

4) O God, please forgive me these sins in my life that have affected this relationship.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

5) Lord Jesus, am I holding on to any bitterness, grudges, unfair judgments, or withholding forgiveness to this person?  Remind me of Your truths.
Prov. 10:12 "Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs."  And in Matthew 6:14-15 you tell me, "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

6) Lord Jesus, please reveal to me what I can do to be reconciled to this person so that our relationship is not "messy" anymore.  Lead me by Your Spirit because it is so hard in my flesh.
"Do not repay anyone evil for evil.  Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.  If it is possible  as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone...Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."  Romans 12:17-18, 21 





No comments:

Post a Comment